Atrazine - New Label Restrictions 1993
ATRAZINE LABEL RESTRICTIONS
Atrazine Restrictions for 1993. (All atrazine products will carry
1) Restricted Use Pesticide - all products containing atrazine
2) Atrazine may not be mixed/loaded or used within 50 feet of all
wells, including abandoned wells, drainage wells, and sink holes.
3) Atrazine may not be mixed or loaded within 50 feet of
intermittent streams and rivers, natural or impounded lakes and
4) Atrazine may not be applied aerially or by ground within 66 feet
of the points where field surface water runoff enters perennial or
intermittent streams and rivers or within 200 feet around natural
or impounded lakes and reservoirs.
5) On Highly Erodible Land - HEL (SCS definition): Conservation
tillage that leaves > 30% residue - maximum rate is 2.0 lb/A
Conservation tillage that leaves < 30% residue - maximum rate is
1.6 lb/A active ingred.
6) On Non-Highly Erodible Land: Maximum rate is 2.0 lb/A active
ingred. at any one time.
Maximum total rate is 2.5 lb/A active ingred.
7) If atrazine is applied to HEL, the 66 foot buffer or set-back
from runoff entry points must be planted to crop, seeded with
grass or other suitable crop.
8) Postemergence applications of atrazine to corn and sorghum must
be made before corn and sorghum reaches 12" in height.
9) Applications of atrazine for quackgrass suppression in corn and
sorghum are restricted to a spring application only. No fall
applications are permitted.
10) If there has been no previous soil application of atrazine for
that crop, the maximum rate for a postemergence application is 2
11) If there has been a previous soil application of atrazine,
postemergence applications of atrazine may be used as long as the
total amount of atrazine for that year does not exceed 2.5 lbs.
12) No more noncrop land uses of atrazine permitted.