PMEP Home Page --> Pesticide Active Ingredient Information --> Miscellaneous Pesticides (Antimicrobial, Attractants, Bactericide, Disinfectant, etc.) --> acrylic acid terpolymer to metaldehyde --> bronopol (Myacide B10) --> bronopol (Myacide B10) Registration Approval

bronopol (Myacide B10) Registration Approval

Mr. Kevin C. Manning
Betz Laboratories, Inc.
4636 Somerton Road
Trevose, PA  19047

Dear Mr. Manning:

Re:  Registration of Betz Entec 347 (EPA Reg. No. 3876-147-34571), 
     Slime-Trol DPB-1296 (EPA Reg. No. 45017-38),
     Slime-Trol RX-96W (EPA Reg. No. 45017-38)

This Department has approved your application to register the referenced 
products for use in New York State as antimicrobial agents for the industrial 
uses proposed on the labels.  These products are classified as restricted use

The active ingredient bronopol is a new active ingredient.  We reviewed all of 
the information submitted in support of the registration, and have determined 
that proper use of these products is not likely to result in significant 
health or environmental risks.

The approved labels are the federally registered labels as submitted. 
Enclosed, for your records, are the Certificate of Pesticide Registration and 
a copy of the stamped-accepted labels.

Since these products are classified as restricted use pesticides, please note 
that New York State Environmental Conservation Law (ECL) 33-0901.1 states 
that:  "A commercial permit is required for the distribution, sale, offer for 
sale, purchase for the purpose of resale or possession for the purpose of 
resale of a restricted use pesticide."  Thus, if Betz Laboratories, Inc., 
proposes to sell or offer for sale any restricted use pesticide to any person 
within New York State, commercial permit is required. ECL 33-0905.1 further 
states that:  "Any person who enqaqes in. . . the sale of restricted use 
pesticides shall be certified by the commissioner. . ."  Therefore, commercial 
permit holders must employ or retain under contract at least one person who is 
certified in New York State for the application of restricted use pesticides.

Also enclosed is information pertaining to commercial permits in New York 
State, along with an application form for your convenience.  Questions 
regarding commercial permits and certification should be directed to our 
Bureau of Pesticide Regulation at (518) 457-7482.


                              Norman H. Nosenchuck, P.E.
                              Division of Hazardous Substances Regulation

cc:  w/encs. - D. Rutz - Cornell
     w/encs. - D. Rapp - N.Y.S. Dept. of Ag. and Mrkts.