FIFRA 2(ee) Recommendations
Certain limited variations from the use directions specified on pesticide
labels are authorized under FIFRA Section 2(ee).
These "2(ee) recommendations" allow:
- Use at any dosage, concentration, or frequency less than specified on the labeling.
- Use against any target pest not specified on the labeling.
- Methods of application not prohibited on the labeling.
- Mixtures with fertilizer, unless prohibited on the labeling.
In New York State, all 2(ee) recommendations must be approved in writing
by the New York State Department ofEnvironmental Conservation with the exception
of those pesticides applied for agricultural purposes at less than label
rate and mixtures with fertilizer (item 4 above).
No fee is required for a request for a 2(ee) recommendation.
- Anyone receiving approval for a 2(ee) recommendation is responsible for
distributing the recommendation to all
users of the product pursuant to the approved recommendation.
- Any user must have the 2(ee) recommendation in his or her possession
at the time of application, e.g., "Cornell Guidelines."
Information required for submission of 2(ee) recommendations:
- Requests for approval of 2(ee) recommendations must be made in writing by
recognized research institutions, certified crop advisers, manufacturers
(registrants), or organizations representing individual users. Individual users
may not request approval of 2(ee) recommendations.
- Requests must be accompanied by data demonstrating that the use will be effective.